Posted in: iFish Alberta, iFish BC, iFish Ontario, iFish Sask, iFish USA
Basil Pesto Pike
Recipe from Outdoor Canada, mm this one sounds yummy.
What you will need:
- 2 c basil leaves, packed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 c pine nuts
- 1 c extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 c grated parmesan cheese
Pasta & Pike
- 2 tomatoes, seeded & coarsely diced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 450 grams ziti pasta, cooked (reserve cooking water)
- 4 boneless, skinless pike fillets (6-8oz each) cut into 2″ strips across the grain
1. Place basil, garlic & pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
2. Add olive oil in a slow drizzle while machine is running & season with salt and pepper
3. Add cheese and pulse until thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
Pasta & Pike
1. Toss diced tomatoes in oil & vinegar, let stand at room temperature for 30 mins. Season tomatoes with salt & pepper, set aside.
2. Preheat over to 350 degrees
3. Reserver 1/4 cup of pesto to spread on cooked fillets; thin remaining pesto with 1/2 – 1 cup of water used to cook ziti pasta. Toss pasta in thinned pesto.
4. Season fish strips with salt and pepper & drizzle with olive oil. Bake in over until flesh is cooked through.
5. Remove fish from over and spread 1/2 – 1 tsp pesto on each strip. Place fish on a bed of ziti pasta & top with diced tomatoes.