Posted in: iFish Alberta, iFish BC, iFish Ontario, iFish Sask, iFish USA
We’ve been getting so much walleye love lately so I decided to make our first recipe of the week a walleye dish!
Bacon-Wrapped Mustard Walleye
What you will need..
- 3 c flour
- 5 tbsp seasoning salt
- 3 tbsp lemon pepper
- 2 c Dijon mustard
- 1 c cracker crumbs
- 6-9 walleye fillets, cut in 1.5″ cubes
- 2 lbs side bacon, sliced
- Combine flour, cracker crumbs & seasoning salt; set aside.
- Sprinkle fillets with lemon pepper, then wrap each cube with a bacon slice, secure with a toothpick and cover with mustard.
- completely cover the cubes with the flour mixture. Deep dry in canola oi until golden brown. (each 1.5″ cube should take about 1-2 minutes to cook if the oil is at the right temperature.
- Serve with deep-fried potatoes, beans and bread!
Check back next week for my next yummy pick!